Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm such a geek...

I'm such a geek. I woke up somewhere between 2:30 and 3:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I didn't want to wake the house up with the sounds of sewing, so I hit the computer.

As I was sitting here, I started thinking about all the sewing projects I want to do in the next few months. And what did I do? I whipped out my handy-dandy MS Project and started scheduling out what I want to do when.

Actually, I think this may turn out to be helpful. I pay attention and get things done much more quickly if I have a plan written down and have deadlines (even if they are only self-imposed deadlines). And having everything down in MS Project will let me see how inserted and removed projects effect my overall timeline.

Gah... sometimes I kill me.

2 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

I think that's a wonderful idea. Of course, I'm a geek, too. But that's not a bad thing. =o)

Janimé said...

Well, it gets better (worse?).

You can also track materials and material cost in MS Project, and you can create new tables to do custom tracking of things like alterations made.

I could essentially use MS Project as my "Project Notebook" for almost all aspects of my sewing projects.

The only thing it can't do is hold swatches for me. But, I could keep a simplified "hard copy" project notebook for that.