Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sew Frustrating!!!

So last week, I worked on finishing up a skirt I'm making for my sister. It's a real simple skirt that I've been working on for about 2 years now. Haha!

I finally got everything ready to go - got the fabric all smoothed back out, and got the pieces all traced and cut out. I started on the sewing part and realized that the embroidered butterflies looked like they were upside down. That was about the time I recalled that the fabric had a nap and direction. And that I cut all the pieces out upside down. Luckily, it's a fairly narrow A-line skirt. I think if I can get my sister to try it on, and if she has enough room to walk in it (it's a long skirt), I can fix the "top" part of it so it will fit well enough. Heavy sigh.

In the meantime, I decided to get started again on a jacket I'm making for my mom. Again, in the works for about 2 years. So I needed to iron the lining out because it's been folded up for a while. And say, where did that iron go!? Oh yeah, in the back of the van. I have to haul it to and from my 4-H sewing club every other week. Heavy sigh.

So I decided then to whine about on my blog. :-)

No comments: