Saturday, September 18, 2010

Scrap Fabric Creations

Got this book a few Christmases ago. Finally got around to making things with it this summer as experiments before showing the kids in my 4H sewing club how to make them.

Fabric Leftovers: Simple, Adaptable Ways to Use Up Scraps

First I made this little pouch for my cell phone.
From Scrap Fabric Creations

Then I made a box out of some leftover butterfly fabric I had.
From Scrap Fabric Creations

Here's a close up of the tassle.
From Scrap Fabric Creations


The book has some really fun ideas for using scrap fabrics. Some of the items use up so much thread though that it seems like I didn't really save anything. But the items are cute and they are a fun way to whittle down all those scraps I can't bring myself to throw away!

No comments: