Saturday, February 20, 2010

Getting Ready for Sewcation 2010

I've got my time off from work approved and in the calendar! Sewcation 2010 is set for mid-March!!

Yay! I had a really, really good time doing last year's sewcation. I didn't get to do a whole lot of personal sewing between then and now though. In part because I took about 35 pounds off the old bod and now I need to rework everything. I also started a 4-H sewing club in the Fall and I've been spending a good bit of my sewing time working with the kids.

Speaking of which, we took a field trip to Joann's last weekend and talk about timing! They were having their President's Day sale going on. Who knew? I'm sure lots of people knew, but I didn't. I can't seem to keep up with that sort of thing.

My mother-in-law came with us and she wanted to get me a birthday present because she hadn't already. What a wonderful confluence of events! Loads of stuff on sale at Joann's and a birthday pressie waiting to happen!

I picked up 10 Simplicity Patterns for $1 each. WhooHooo!!! I'm going to mix some of these with some of the projects I didn't finish in 2009 to build my project list for this year's Sewcation.

Here's what I got:
From New Patterns

There are a few dresses in the mix, which is unusual for me, since I rarely wear dresses. But, the hubby likes me to wear them at least occasionally so I thought I'd see if I couldn't make something that we both would like.

No comments: