Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Thanks for a good man

Sewing has become my sanity. I do a lot of project management at work. Projects that rely on different people in different groups to do what they need to do so that I can do what I need to do. And while this is very challenging in a good way, it can also be very, very frustrating.

Sewing is an activity that lets me create nice things for myself and for my loved ones, challenges me creatively, AND lets me work on projects where I get to rely soley on me. I plan my projects from beginning to end and I do all the work. Everything that goes right is my achievement, and everything that goes wrong is my fault. And, as I've mentioned before, the tasks are various enough that I'm not having to do the same things all the time.

So where does the good man come in?

He comes in like superman just when he's needed.

I didn't get to do any sewing yesterday. With this, that and the other, the evening got by me and before I knew it, it was past time for bed. I was very disappointed because if I had worked things a bit differently, I would have had at least a few minutes to unwind with a little fabric cutting.

I've also had a trying few months at work, and getting to do just that little bit of sewing during the week is better than a shot of whiskey for unwinding - and probably a little better for me too ;)

I wasn't going to get to do any sewing this evening either because I was to take the kids to their monthly 4H meeting. DH does most of the homeschooling, but he needs a break now and again, so the 4H gig is mine.

I really didn't want to go this evening though and I whined a little this afternoon. Not a lot, just "gosh I don't feel like going".

Then out of the blue he pipes up and says "I'll take them".

I was SO relieved. It was like a weight off my chest. I hadn't realized just how uptight I was about having to go until he said he would go for me. I was feeling a just a little Sally Fieldish (He loves me! He really loves me!)

So adieu my friends for a while. I've got a date with a newly arrived original "Star Trek" series disk (gotta love Netflix), some fabric, my iron, my pattern and my rotary cutter. It's going to be a relaxing evening.

And thank you, thank you my lovely DH! You are worth your weight in gold and jewels.

1 comment:

B.E. Sanderson said...

He's a keeper, that's for sure. =o)

Sorry things are hectic for you right now. I'd e-mail you a piece of cake, but I can't seem to fit it into the modem. (My answer to any problem is to throw food at it.)

Have your hunny give you a hug from me.