Monday, May 26, 2008

Where HAVE you been?

Seems like more and more time goes between postings. I'm behind in reading posts too. But, free time is sparse so I spend it on sewing. And I have to fight the rest of the family for the computer - so there ya go.

First of all, thank you gwen and gorgeous things for your recent comments. They are very much appreciated.

So what have I been up to since working on Simplicity 3536 - View A? Mostly working on shorts for my daughter. She's been growing again - so what's new? But, as the pattern I worked up for her last summer was a little large, it still works for her this summer. I had some more fun playing with decorative stitching on the hems, and I played a little with some instant embellishment.

Today I hope to make another sleeping bag liner for the hubby. He's been wanting one made out of silk. I bought the silk sometime back - it's a very nice brushed silk and I nearly kept it for myself - but I'm just now getting around to making it up for him.

After that, I'm not sure. I broke down and bought a few new shirts. Had to - I haven't been able to make up a normal blouse for myself in a while.

Now for a short quiz - The title for this post is a movie quote. Can anyone guess the movie and the character that said it? Here's a hint - it's a very mom kind of thing to say.

Tootles!

1 comment:

Gorgeous Things said...

This sounds like something Katherine Hepburn would say... Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?